Thursday, January 24, 2008

Chips as Weapons

99% of the time I play the cards, and what I do with the chips reflects the cards I'm dealt, etc.

Once in a great while, I break out of that mindset, and start using my chips as weapons.

Unfortunately, I usually lose while in this "careless driving" mode but while I"m doing it, it's an incredible feeling. Rather taking like an ego-enhancing drug spelled C-ocaine.

I "probe" with bluffs. And darned if everybody else doesn't fold, or the next card shows up and it's the one I needed.

I go all-in (pot limit) with a small pair, just to see how many people I can make fold.

One characteristic of better bettors is that they ALWAYS use big bets to reduce the # of players they're up against, and then look for one sign of dissapointment, weakness, and pounce.

Especially on the "Monopoly Money" tables I play online, people tend to call forever, hang on.. you have to be really big to drive anyone off.

I dont' know what else to say about using chips as a weapon, instead of letting your cards controlling all your betting.

Bet like you mean it?

Just practice good chip management and after your wild ways empty your bank, don't run to the ATM for a reload. Take a chill pill.

No comments: